Tonight, in partnership with the Asia Society, UClass will host the first-ever NYC Global Education Forum at Avenues: The World School, a for-profit institution steering a global vision. Backed by the U.S. Department of Education and Teach For America, the event, which features Wendy Kopp, will bridge public and private interests as well as gather high and low income representatives across a range of sectors.
Already in over 90 countries and 1,000 schools, UClass is pushing the envelope by scaling global education through technology and uniting policymakers, organization heads, teachers and students from all parts of the spectrum to take action in this global education movement.
UClass CEO & Founder Zak Ringelstein will give an introductory speech, followed by an evening of panel discussion and breakout sessions. Panelists include:
- Julie Heinz, Special Advisor at the U.S. Department of Education
- Chris Whittle, CEO of Avenues: The World School
- Peter Gorman, Former Superintendent of Charlotte Schools & EVP of Education Services at Amplify
- Kenneth Porter, Teacher at Community Voices Middle School & UClass User
- Lucy Gray, Founder of the Global Education Conference Network
- Zak Malamed, Student & Founder of Student Voice
- Brandon Wiley, Director of International Studies Schools Network of the Asia Society
We hope that you will join us in bringing the world to your organization. There are a few tickets left — purchase them here. Please share your thoughts about global education with us by tweeting #NYCGlobalEd. The top tweets win a prize!